Sunday, June 20, 2010

Precision Solsticing

The weather has been a major topic of conversation with everyone recently. Newspaper articles tell the tale of one of the coldest, dampest Springs in recent memory. We have experienced record single day rainfall. We have had several cold high temperatures recorded. You can't plan anything outdoors without some sort of indoor backup.

Yesterday was the Tenth Annual Solstice Party. I had been pensively watching the weather forecast for Saturday all week. First it looked sunny. The next day the forecast said rain. The following day foretold of partly sunny conditions.

As it turned out, the day was perfect. The weather was made to order for a Summer Solstice Extravaganza. We had a great turn out and there was (again) shit loads of food. The party petered out around 11 and Susan and I found ourselves fast asleep shortly after midnight with most of the clean up done.

We woke up this morning to rainfall and it hasn't let up at all. The timing was just perfect. We slept in until 10:30. I went out to get a couple mocha's and mine was free because it's Fathers Day. I even got a call from my son. We had a nice breakfast made up of left overs from all the food. We had strawberries, some turnovers and deviled eggs.

Today we are enjoying a true rarity for us. We are doing NUTHIN"! And loving it!! We have a fire going in the fireplace and we're just sitting around doing whatever. I'm trying to refrain from doing anything productive. As I write that, I hear the vacuum being put into service downstairs. I better go down and put a stop tho that right now.

No comments: