Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Painted Balusters

We finally finished the first coat of paint on the long naked balusters. We will begin a second coat soon but that should go pretty fast compared to the drudgery we just completed.

Anyway, here's a picture of as much of the stairs as I could cover in one shot. We think we'll remove the tape when we're done but I'm getting used to the way it looks.We are fortunate to have a picture to show off at all. My camera is on its last legs. I dropped it a couple of months ago and it broke one of the clips that keeps the battery door secured. I have a piece of duct tape on it to seal the door tightly but it doesn't seem to work and it appears to be getting worse. I have to struggle with it more and more in order to get a picture.

Next on the stair agenda is to get some final pieces of trim stained and into place. We have some carpet runner samples being sent to us and I am looking a the brass carpet keepers today.

No comments: