Friday, July 30, 2010

Sedulous in Spokane

It is FRYDEE and I have the day off. I have the WHOLE DAY all to myself. Susan has to work her regular job and her extra job, so I am stuck to fend for myself ALL DAY. I have plans and things to accomplish. I will check in here throughout the day to chart my progress.

It is currently 6:48 AM and I am off to borrow an Grass Cutting Machine. I plan to take my car in for an oil change at 8:00. I'll take my bike with me and ride to Dolly's Cafe for some breakfast. I'm not exactly sure when the Lawn will get mowed because the weather does not look like it will be cooperating with me.

9:27AM: I have returned from Dolly's and the Oil Change. Both went flawlessly. Now, to the stairs.


12:04PM: The placement of the trim went very quickly. It looks great and fit into place perfectly. Here are some pictures.You will notice the giant gap in the trim. That is a Dumb Ass Gap. The top picture shows a gap in the trim at the bottom of the stairs. The next picture shows the gap at the first landing of the stairs.
The gap is because I am unable to find the pieces that went there originally. I very carefully removed all the trim pieces and clearly identified the order and placement of each piece with a paragraph on the back with circles and arrows. I then placed all the trim pieces in the closet of the back bedroom. Of course I did that a year ago so they had plenty of time to escape.So, I had to replace the lost pieces. And of course, I could not find matching trim so I bought some stuff that was close and then milled it myself. Considering my saws and my skill level, I am pleased with my finished pieces. You can see in the picture above that it is not a great match on the top angle, but I'll take it.

3:49PM: Once I got it stained and varnished, the pieces fit in pretty well and I figured that was a good days work.

7:26PM: I have just returned from a little paddle trip on the Little Spokane River. It was a great way to end my day. Being on the river, jumping into the ice cold water, it's just about my favorite place on the planet. Plus, I had beer!

11:59PM: Susan has had to work all day. She is still not home yet. I have a nice stump fire going in the back yard but the Sand Man is starting to attack and I have to bar tend in the morning. I'll give it another half hour and then it's off to bed.

All in all, it's been a good day for me! Yup! It's all about ME!

No comments: