Monday, July 26, 2010

Wine and Birthdays

Things are not going well with our Blueberry Wine. I threw the yeast in on Thursday and it has not yet began percolating. I'm going to Jim's Home Brew today to get some more yeast and advice on how to pitch it. I assume they will have me start the yeast in a small container of sugar water or some of the wine.

It was a very hot weekend. I think we got close to 100 degrees yesterday. We spent the evening down at the park for the 32nd annual Royal Fireworks Concert. The concert doesn't start until 9 but we got down there about 6 to stake out our seating area and enjoy snacks and drinks with the assortment of friends we dragged along.

Now of course, I must turn my attention to the birthday of my lovely wife, Susan. By coincidence, her birthday is today and therefore the reason I must attend to it. I am revealing no indication of this years' gift but rest assured, it will not be as good as last years Vacuum Cleaner gift.
Here is a hint.

No comments: