Monday, April 25, 2011

Gardening in Corbin Park

From my experience, it does not appear that there is a single area of ground anywhere on our property where I cannot put a shovel down and hit a root. Our soil must be primarily made up of roots. They are everywhere and they are extensive.

The picture below is not a bunch of branches I picked up from around the yard. They are roots that I dug up from under the yard.
Roots seem to be the main ingredient with which we have to deal and not something that will be dealt with easily. I am moderately sore this Monday morning after a day in the yard picking at and removing rootses.

I got out and watered all my new transplants before leaving the house this morning. So far, everything looks good but it is really too early to tell if the transplanting will take. At this point, the patient is still critical.

No comments: