Monday, April 11, 2011

Measure Twice

I have probably discussed this before but reiteration is a staple of my writing style.
When one purchases a home, one often misses many minute details concerning certain amenities of the house. Perhaps balusters in the staircase don't match. Possibly, light fixtures are precariously glued together. Perchance a window pane or four are not glass but plastic. We encountered all of these situations when we moved in and I admit to a wee bit of buyers remorse for a short time.

But then you get to work on the house and start to discover all the other things that are wrong with it and the buyers remorse turns to homicidal rage. Before you know it, you're off to an all expense paid life time of incarceration and your home owning troubles are over. Or . . . you just fix all that stuff. And stay out of jail.

Today I got to work on replacing a Plexiglas window with a real glass window. Our painter has returned for the third and final season of house painting. In the midst of power washing, she noticed a sizable gap in our pleiglas window pane in the dining room. After six years of living here, it was time to replace the plex. It's all very easy to do unless you measure incorrectly...as I did.

Once the caulking was removed and the sill cleaned of all the crap, I realized I mis-measured by half an inch. That's a LOT! So, I'll get a new piece of glass today and get it installed tonight.

Other weekend projects included draining the hot tub and refilling with pristine clean water. This was long over due since I didn't do my winter cleaning.

Susan continued her work in the hallway as she has become quite anal about the smoothness of the wall. She will not be happy until that wall is a flat plane with narry a ripple, knot or impingement.

I would like to conclude by saying that I am familiar with the concept of paragraphs but the code that controls this damn blog seems to care not for them. I have tried three times to punctuate properly and it is all for not. That drives me fuckin' crazy! And that makes me swear! Shit!

Editor's Note: Okay, I think I have now fixed the paragraph problem. I'm leaving the original post as I first wrote it to maintain the concept of a free flowing dialog...but mostly because it has salty language.

No comments: