Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Return of the Odious Menace

Much accomplishments was made on the days of the weekend. Yard works and remodeling works and a new door in the back one might call...a new back door.

We purchased a replacement door for our beat up, ratty old back door. It looked like it was going to be a relatively easy project, but I think we all know better. It ended up taking about four hours. After placing the hinges on the new door in the only places that were provided, I came to realize they did not match up to the hinge placement of the old door. I had to break out the router and create a new inset for the slightly repositioned hinge on the top and bottom of the door. The middle hinge was just right.

Then I had to move the hole for the door latch. Nothing matched.
Today was a nice enough day to get outside and do a little yard care. We raked the front and I mowed for the first time. I would like to gt some fertilizer down but the weather doesn't look cooperative.

I came upon a horrible sight on Sunday. It appears a skunk has taken up residence under the Carriage House. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet as I would have to fill it in and cover it with rocks during the night when the critter leaves to forage. I'm not so dedicated as to stay up late and wait the skunk out. That's what traps a for.
That's the tunnel the little bitch has dug under a considerable length of debris.  Anyway, they're back!

No comments: