Monday, April 23, 2012

The First Weekend of Summer

Wow! What a weekend!!!

I'm not sure where to start other than to say that we are at the tail end of a fabulous weekend.

The weather was great. It was warm yesterday (Saturday) but today was stellar. My little weather station says it got up to 104 degrees today. I would say it was more like 80ish. Officially, it was 79. In any event, it was a fabulous day. And we did fabulous things with beautiful people in interesting places.

I guess let's start at Friday. There was supposed to be a little gathering at the Hub Tavern on Friday but the food portion of the gathering never materialized. Fortunately, the beer portion of the event was working fine.

I must make a comment concerning the hops. On Saturday, I marked a spot on a post to measure the growth of this one particular shoot on the Sterling plant. When I measured it again on Sunday, it had grown four and a half inches. That was at noon. I measured it again at 6, and it had grown another inch and a half. I really think you can just sit out there and watch it grow.

That one shoot is well over ten inches from where it was Saturday. There are about se7en other shoots coming out of this one root and they are all doing fine.
The Hallertau is doing great as well. I snipped off over 20 small shoots on it on Sunday to allow the five or six big ones the room and resources to grow baby grow.

Susan has officially finished the wall papering of the entryway. I think I can make a case that this has been going on for two years.



The above pictures show her placing the final historic piece of wall paper.

Now we have to begin cleaning the house. It has been a while since we have really really cleaned the house. We've just been making too much of a mess. Now, the mess making is over for a while and it is time to clean.

Does anybody know where the vacuum is?



No comments: