Saturday, April 28, 2012

Good News, Bad news

The Good News is that we had a very busy morning of accomplishing stuff followed by an afternoon of not so much.


I was up bright and early to take part in our Annual Neighborhood Dump Day. The Emerson-Garfield Neighborhood Committee, of which I am a part, does a Clean Up Day every Spring. The City provides these giant dumpsters and people show up and get to unload their crap for free. Our committee pays for it through grants we get through the city for dump passes and Spring Clean Up days. 


As usual, it was a busy day and we filled eight dumpsters. I think each dumpster is 30 yards, which doesn't sound like much. But these things are bigger than a dump truck...maybe bigger than two dump trucks...and we filled eight of them.


The Bad News is that I have no pictures to show of the event. At some point during the day, I lost my camera. I was up on top of a dumpster, jumping up and down to compress the load of yard waste and I'm pretty sure that is where I lost it. 


I realized it pretty quick because I was taking a lot of pictures. I climbed back up on the load and looked around but it was gone.


DAMMIT!


I think I paid about $180.00 for that camera and now I will need to get another. I cannot go on without a camera. That is like...um...me without a camera!


DAMMIT!


I would also like to announce the finish of our new mini sub-deck around the hot tub. Now we have reduced substantially the risk of falling in the hole around the hottub by removing the hole and putting in its place a new mini sub-deck. Aren't you paying attention?


DAMMIT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have my full attention, but then you always have had. Haven't you been reading the insightful comments I've left you? I am your most frequent commenter. Thank God in his high heaven for that sub deck! Heaven knows you needed it, but not as bad as I did (ouch!) and still do. Congrats!!! Can't wait to try it out.
M