Sunday, May 06, 2012

Bloomsday 2012

The alarm went off at 7. That's too early on a Sunday. But, it's Bloomsday and that means getting downtown to get in line to run the 10K's. Or the seven and a half...which ever you prefer.


Susan is running as well as our friend Mark. They have both been training but not seriously. Just enough to not doe on the course.


My running daze are over and while I think I could walk it, I prefer not to. So I drive them down and find a place to park. Then I unload the bicycle that seems to be attached to the bike rack and ride around and check out the Bloomsday sights. Lots of people hate Bloomsday because of the massive crowds but that is the exact reason I love it. It's a great energy and it's fun to see all the fun stuff going on in the park.


Here's an assortment of pictures.



The river is running waaaaaay high right now. It's great to have so many people from out of town here and able to see the falls at their best. I like that picture above because of the Powerhouse building in the background. It still says Washington Water Power. They changed their name a few year back in order to represent a more global, non-descript identity. Avista. Boy, does that suck!
We went to the salvation Army yesterday in order for Susan and Mark to purchase cast off clothes. It's a win-win for Goodwill and the Salvation Army. They sell them one day and then get them right back. You're not buying the cast off clothes. You're renting them.


It's about 3:30 right now and I'm sitting on the front porch making this entry while Susan is blissfully napping upstairs. I did a short little bike ride earlier with a major hill climb and now I'm thinking of going over to the Hub for a beer. But then again, I could have a beer here. That sounds more appealing.


I really have no desire to leave the front porch. It's nice out here right now.


In fact, here's a picture.


Okay, now I have a beer...I'm happy!


One last thing for today. As long as I'm showing pictures, I might as well get the hops progress cataloged here. So here they are.

That is the Sterling Hops up above there and below is the Hallertau.
I suspect they will reach the top of the rail by next weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the Bloomsday photos. I hope Susan wins her category.