Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lawn Mower Man

Here's a quick run down of the week for anyone who may be interested. And if you are interested, you really need to assess your priorities in life because trust me, what you are about to read is not interesting.


I screwed up the lawn mower last weekend and had to take it in for repair. A brace in the front undercarriage got bent and hit the blade and then it really got bent and screwed up the whole lawn mowing system. 


So I hauled it over to my local Lawn Mower Repair Facility and for $70.00, he fixed the brace, tuned the engine and sharpened the blade.


I think the blade sharpening was a mistake because the mower works really quite well now. It's only been a week since I mowed and it seems like I was emptying the bag every three or four passes around the yard. The bag holds 2 bushels and I am sure I harvested about 30 bushels of lawn. That's a lot for a 60 gallon garbage can to contain. I hardly have any room for garbage.


I rode my bike to work three out of five days this past week. You can see from the picture I had great weather on my side. I like to keep track of the river flow as the year progresses. This is already down from just a couple of weeks ago. It was running as high as 35,000 c.f.s. This picture shows it at about 21,000 c.f.s.


I take back my earlier statement. That last paragraph was really interesting.


And now, here's something for the bird lovers in my readership


The baby robins at my Mom's seem to be doing well. The Mom Robin is no longer freaked out by us sitting on the patio and she flies right in to feed. The three chicks seem to be eating and getting larger but they are still quite helpless.



We went down to see the Lilac Parade last night. I am of the opinion that if you have seen one parade you have seen them all and too many at that. However, we do like the parade for the fact that it is the one night of the year that you can walk right in to the Olive Garden and get a table.


Pictured above are photographs of our dinners which brings me back to my original assertion. 


This is not interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penne Alfredo with bacon and garlic? Looks interesting to me. Do you have any left? Maybe it would freeze ok.