Sunday, September 15, 2013

Wall Papering Savant - Not so much

It is time to get back to the serious business of completing the living room by Halloween. That's our new goal.

To that end, we went to the fair on Saturday. Well, we had to. We had not yet made the trip and we needed to see how our wine entry did in the wine competition and it was the last weekend.

I was able to get another entry for the coffee table book I am compiling called, "Fat Ass America".
It's just going to be a bunch of pictures like this. Fortunately, the fair is a target rich environment for these kinds of pictures.

Next, it was time to see how our wine entry did. We entered our Tempranillo and we entered the wine label Susan designed for the Tempranillo.

The excitement built as we entered the Ag Bldg to see our wine. It was a giant let down. While our label design got a blue ribbon, the wine itself got a donut. Nothing but a purple Participation Ribbon. Yuck! We look forward to seeing the judges notes.

So the rest of the fair was what one expects from the fair. I got my elephant ear and my corn dog and a delicious rib-eye steak sandwich. 

Beyond that...it was just the fair.

But we'll be back next year!

So along comes Sunday and Susan is insistent to start the wall papering. I had my projects to work on as well. I connected the radiators in preparation for colder weather, which looks like is coming soon.

Susan spent the afternoon talking to herself and getting up and down and cutting and measuring and completed a good portion of the wall papering. I was impressed with her accomplishments.

We were cleaning up when she suddenly noticed that one of her panels didn't look right. It had a double line in the pattern that should not have been there.

Upon closer inspection, she began to express obscenities the likes of which would make a sailors parrot blush as she realized she had placed the panel upside down.

Fortunately, it was still wet enough to remove and fix. While working on that piece she said, "I didn't do that anywhere else, did I?" I looked at the wall and saw the same double line and said, "Um...yeah you did." Expletives again began to rain down and this piece was too far dried to remove.
After she calmed down, she decided she could order more paper to cover her blunder. But she is understandably upset.

No comments: