Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday in Suburbia

Sunday was another crappy day of cloudy dampness as it threatened to rain but never really let loose with anything substantial. That worked out great for me as I had several projects I wanted to complete that danced the merry line between indoors and outdoors.

My first project was to get some chemicals into the hot tub. I filled it about a month ago and I always let it fester for a couple of weeks before adding anything. It was well overdue and a bit funky smelling. But, a little Boost here and some Sanitizer there as well as a portion of sweet smelling Mango crystals and all is well.

Except for the part where the rack that supports the cover pulled its screws out from thir moorings. I'm not sure what to do to solve this problem. I think I can unscrew everything and slide it over an inch and re-attach it. That will have to wait for a sunnier day.

Next I scooped the ashes from the fire place. I must say that I am happy with my Newspaper logs. They burn for about 30 minutes and while they leave a lot of ash, it's in a nice tight bundle that scoops out easily.

Susan replaced the wall paper she was not happy with as I moved on to replacing trim. I got it all installed around the mantle.
You can compare this picture to yesterday's photo of the fire burning to see the trim added around the mantle. Except for the fact that I took the other picture at a really low angle that hides where the trim would go. So, never mind.

My other project was to put new trim in place at the end of the mantle.
As shown in the picture above, you can see there is no trim on top of the mantle in that corner, and in fact, there never was. Susan thought it was odd they had not continued it all the way to the end of the bookcase. I screwed up and rubbed some stain on the wall that then required me to get some trim on there. So I found some suitable wood, did a half assed job of milling it to match the other trim and then cut it to fit in the corner.

I stained it today and hope to install it tomorrow after work.

So, we had a very nice day accomplishing baby steps toward the completion of the Living Room. We took a walk over to the Hub Tavern for Accomplishment Celebration Beers and returned for a nice dinner Susan prepared in the Crock Pot.

Then we sat around all night and got fat.

...and drunk!

No comments: