Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Back to the Blog

We have been busy painting so I have had no time for Blogging. That is unfortunate for you, my eager mob of Blogging Minions...measuring almost into the double digits.

Another thing that has kept me away from the Blog is access to the Interweb, which I currently have none of at home. Our phone has been off for a week now. The Phone company, CenturyLink, said that there was a broken cable in our area causing outages to some customers and they estimated it would be fixed by today.

I called to check on it yesterday and they said the line had been repaired. The phone was dial toneless when I got home. Then I spent the next aggravating hour trying to talk to a human from America. I finally arranged for a technician to come to the house the following day (Today). I left instructions that the tech was to call me on my cell phone 30 minutes before he expected to be at the house. The call never came but I had a note from the technician saying he was sorry he missed me.

I'm now set up to the guy tomorrow at 4. We'll see what happens.

We have finished all our skywalk sites and all we have left to do are two buildings we paint the entrances of, on the outside. It has been way too cold to paint outside. Things are finally starting to warm up a bit. I'm hoping we can get them painted on Saturday.

Have I talked about Thanksgiving? Well, I will here! We had 14 people at our table for the feast. We never intended for it to get so big, but it just kind of happened.
There was a little stress in the air, especially when the upstairs toilet overflowed two hours before everyone arrived. I was removing the plastic seat covers when I thought I heard a cat throwing up. It turned out to be water dripping from the ceiling onto the table. Panic ensued and a few expletives were vocalized. I got the water cleaned up in the bathroom and that slowed the flow in the dining room.

We were able to get it under control and by the time guests started arriving, things was coo'.

No comments: