Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas in Des Moines, Day One

This post is going to be the first in a series of posts that I'm not going to publish right away due to the fact that we are not home. I don't want to tip off the scumbags among my readers (most of you) that we are out of town over the holidays. The unshoveled snow in the driveway should do that.

I am writing from the comfort of the Budget Inn Express in Gillette, Wyoming. We drove for about 12 hours today. That is a bit over 700 miles. The drive went smoothly and the only hairy part of the drive was east of Bozeman, Montana. We hit a 30 mile stretch of high winds and blowing snow.

The other hairy part was after sundown. You have to keep an eye out for deer on the highway. It was dark for Susan's turn at the wheel but when I took over after entering Wyoming, the waning moon came up and lit everything up quite nicely. 

We're going out soon to get some dinner. I have a hankering for an Arby's but I'll take whatever we can find.

No comments: