Thursday, December 24, 2015

Holiday Diaster

It snowed off and on all day yesterday, so when I got home from work, I had some snow blowing to do.

I had done some blowing in the morning prior to leaving for work but the snow throughout the day had pretty much negated everything I did. Plus, I had a lot of clean up to do and get to some areas I hadn't been able to.

I like to keep my end of the alley clean. It makes it better for the garbage collectors and everyone who uses the alley to access their garage. Plus, I feel obligated to clear the alley because I blow all the snow from my driveway into the alley.

So I got the driveway and the alley cleaned off and then I proceeded to the sidewalks. I did up the block behind me and then down the Wall Street sidewalk to Waverly Place.

I suddenly heard this rumble behind me and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a snow plow.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!

 They did a great job of eliminating the berm that I wrote about yesterday. They also did a great job of creating a berm in front of my driveway.

But that is of no consequence to me. I have a great snow blower. It's a two stage monster with 6 speeds forward and two speeds reverse, electric start and a 26 inch wide hopper. But then it suddenly seemed at that moment to be not moving so well. I noticed the drive wheels were a little katty wumpus. Upon closer inspection, I came to realize that the driveline axle broke. Into two pieces.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shit! What horrible timing! Not only was I going to have to deal with the berm without a snow blower, but there is still a ton of snow forecast for the NEXT SEVERAL DAYS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I won't be able to get it into a repair place until Saturday and then I bet I'm a week out at least!

This is going to be disastrous for me and my neighbors. I'm hoping to be able to use my neighbor Lou's blower in the interim.

CRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

No comments: