Friday, October 21, 2016

Major Award

We have received our prize money from the Interstate Fair for our award winning 2016 wine entry's.
As you can see, we now have the funds to party for quite some time.

In preparation for Halloween, we both went to the store separately yesterday and purchased a bunch of candy and 10 pumpkins. For my part, I spent about $50.00. I presume Susan spent an equal amount, plus assorted foods, ointments and salves. (Editor's Note: Beer qualifies as an ointment and a salve)

In Bathroom Progress News: We installed the towel bars and are happy with them. I started to install the shower head and handle but quickly realized a problem. I have to cut away some of the tile around the shower handle fixture. The handle cover will not sit flush to the wall until I do. In the meantime, I attached the handle just to see how it worked and to see how the new shower heads works. The water came out brown at first and then cleared. 

The problem I have is that the faucet does not turn completely off. It continues to drip drip drip and I find that quite annoying. I have the detachable shower head hanging all the way to the floor to mitigate the drip noise.

I have a plumber scheduled for first thing Monday morning. He will be hooking up the bathtub and additionally, I will have him check out the drip.

In the meantime, Susan has planned a lovely dinner for Mom and a few of her friends for Tomorrow evening. That means it is going to be very tense around the house starting at 5PM and lasting for about 27 hours.

No comments: