Friday, October 07, 2016

War Zone

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I noticed a cacophony going on out front. I walked out on to the front porch and noticed what a war zone it was. It was raining at a pretty good clip and with the added wind, chestnuts and their husks where dropping like...well..chestnuts and their husks. 

The noise I had been hearing was the chestnuts hitting the roof. They really create quite a commotion. At first, I was wondering why someone was unloading lumber.

Oscar was out on his morning rounds but didn't look like he wanted to venture too far from the safety of the covered porch. In fact, even the porch wasn't very safe. There are a few chestnuts that made their way up onto the porch.

Through our neighborhood website, I learned that someone is scrounging for chestnuts. I think they want them to feed to injured squirrels. In any event, I gave them our address and told them to go nuts. Ha! Sorry, that only deserves a small ha.

No comments: