Monday, October 24, 2016

Working Bath Tub

I stayed home from work this morning because I had to wait for the plumber to show up. I was given a window of 8 to 10 and he showed up about 9:30. 

I made use of the waiting time by raking the leaves in the front yard. I managed to rake up 90 gallons of leaves in very little time. That's three big leaf bags. There is also a lot of chestnuts in those bags.

Once the plumber showed up, it took him $184.25 to get the bathtub connected. That's a little over an hour plus some parts.

That is money well spent as far as I am concerned because now, for the first time in 17 months, we have a working bath tub in the house. Susan will be bathing tonight.

I spent yeasterday working with our wine (Hence the yeasterday), bringing Halloween stuff down from the Carriage House, and preparing my flying ghost display. 

Let's take these in order. We have a shit load of grape juice. Our 100 something pounds of Sangiovese grapes has finished with the primary fermenting and is ready to start aging. We have well over 6 gallons in the primary fermenter and the possibility of two more gallons draining from the mesh bag full of grape skins.

Susan came up with the great idea of adding that excess Sangiovese juice to the Concord/Gerwurtztrameiner blend we have going.

We started hauling down some of the Halloween booty we have stashed in the Carriage House. We brought down most of the stuff that required batteries.

Next I got to work breaking out the various items I need to construct the flying ghost display. I had to go out and purchase a new sledge hammer for $35.00. I got a nice ten pound hammer with a fiberglass handle.

The ghost display involves pounding these sleeves into the ground that accept my 12 foot posts. The posts have the bicycle wheel attached to a bracket that I string the fishing line to.

I attach one bracket to the huge chestnut tree because I want at least one very secure, non-moving structure.

I got everything set up and running but the ghost and fishing line kept falling off the wheels. I need to secure a cable of some type to my drive motor post. That seems to be the spot where the ghost falls off.

The good news is that now, when the ghost falls off, it doesn't drop into a leaf covered lawn.


No comments: