Saturday, November 05, 2016

Clean Up and Stowage

Faith Bible Church is having a free leaf dump today. It goes from 9 to 1. I have a few bags ready to go but a whole bunch of leaves that still need to be bagged.
This pile of leaves is equal to the one I had on the other side of the yard. I also still have some Halloween remnants.
So I'm in a race to get as many leaves bagged before 1PM as I can.

I did pretty well and had the car loaded at 12:30. Now I just had the short three block drive to the church.

When I got there, they were shut down. A kid told me they were full. I have a car full of bagged leaves so I have no choice but to drive out to the Waste-to-Energy Plant and pay to dump them. 
It only cost $9.95 but it took a lot of my time because it took 20 minutes just to get into the facility. The line was clear out to the road, which is probably a quarter of a mile.

In any event, the yard is pretty well cleaned up for now. There are still leaves to fall so there is no point in going nuts on raking right now.

I am happy to report that last years removal of the post holder sleeves was not a fluke.
I came up with the idea of spraying the spike of the sleeve with WD-40 prior to pounding it into the ground. Last year, they came right out of the ground. 

I had the same success this year. I just applied a little leverage with a shovel on a block of wood, and the sleeve lifted right out of the ground. It 's nice to have an occasional success.

I got most of the Halloween stuff put away last night. There are only some bits and pieces that have yet to go up. I'll get to them today.

No comments: