Saturday, November 19, 2016

How I ended up in the Hospital

It sure is nice to have a Saturday when you can kick back or not, and do whatever you want to do.

We don't have those kinds of Saturdays. We were off to church at 9AM to prepare tomorrow's Thanksgiving Dinner at Plymouth.

We do it every year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving right after the service. We cooked and carved fi5e turkeys this morning, prepared mashed taters and green bean casserole. And we got the dining area all set up. 
I like to consider it my dress rehearsal for the REAL THING.

We got home about 1:00 and Susan immediately took off to the grocery market to collect the fixins' for our feast on Thursday. I practiced my song I'll be playing tomorrow during the Offering.

Then I did a few assorted jobs around the house. 
One of those jobs was to replace the missing down spout from the hapless gutter shown above.
The spout has been missing for a couple of years...maybe four. The gutter doesn't really collect that much because it is installed at such a severe angle. But the runoff it does collect flows down to the empty downspout which dumps a surprisingly verbose amount of water right onto the middle of the steps. If it's raining, you will get wet.
I was surprised that I found the old downspout AND the angle joint as quickly as I did. Almost immediately, in fact. It's been in the garage for a couple of years...maybe five. 

I was also able to find a compatible adhesive, something I failed to use when I installed the downspout. Hence, the reason I'm doing this job again.
It was really a simple procedure. And I completed it really fast. But I'm getting to the age where climbing ladders and walking on roofs isn't as fun as it used to be.

I sucked you in with the false headline and I apologize for the cheap manipulation. There was no hospital visit...this time. But I'm sure I'll visit within a couple of years...or sooner.

No comments: