Friday, May 12, 2017

Captain Tree Hugger

Susan is working tonight and I am here at the house, all alone except for the cat and my G&T.

I am working on building up some gumption to try looking for some way to attempt to start the search to begin the journey to do some work of some sort or fashion in the bathroom. 

The last remaining item is the trim around the door.

Instead of that, I have been looking on line for information about how to repair an old mirror that is losing it's silver backing. I found that there are lots of YouTube videos showing me how to take a new mirror and antique it...make it look old.

There are very few videos that tell you how to refurbish an old mirror from looking antique to a bright new finish.
That's what I want to do with this old mirror from the Medicine Cabinet we removed from the old bathroom.

The first video I watched said don't even bother. The harsh chemicals you have to use and precautions you have to take to secure the mercury that is in an old mirror are not worth the environmental hazards that you may be exposing the world to.

I'm not much of a tree hugger. Nor do I have plans of flinging mercury spuriously about. It seems to me there should be a safe way to make this happen.

I have now watched several videos and none have given me a firm grasp on what exactly is the best method to proceed.

So, I guess the best method to proceed is to continue the research here on the InterWeb and elsewhere.

No comments: