Saturday, September 23, 2017

First Day of Fall

For those of you who picked September 23rd for the end of the Boiler Game...don't start spending your winnings yet. I believe I'm going to light the fuse today but as of 2:23 PM, I have not.

It's the first full day of Autumn and it seemed appropriate to get out there and prepare for winter with the splitting of the wood. 
I have a lot of unsplit wood sitting in the yard and as you can see, it's quite a mess.

So I started out by cleaning the area where the wood will go, which was also, quite a mess.
Once everything was arranged, the chopping began.
With a chop chop here.
And a chop chop there.
And a LOT of recovery from chop chopping. My stamina is still pretty shitty.

Even with less than stellar stamina, I am pretty pleased with the results.
I have a nice stack of wood by the back door and a little bit more of the messy yard cleaned up.
The pile that I left is too hard for little ol' me to split. I'm going to rent a power splitter in the next week or so to handle the rest of it.
Whilst I toiled with ax, Susan worked on her car s'more. 
She was sanding some rusty spots which she will paint over later.

As for now, I am spent. It is time to sit down and watch some Cougar Football. And some Iowa Hawkeyes Football.

GO SPORTS TEAM!!!

No comments: