Saturday, September 09, 2017

Stupid Stuff

A while back while shopping at Costco I came upon a multi-pack of razor blades that happened to fit my handle. Someone had left them in the wrong place so I didn't know how much they cost. I thought, "Oh well, how much could they be?!" 50 bucks! That's how much they could be.

I was already in line so I bit the bullet and bought them. That was September 9th, 2012. I am now down to my last blade. They have lasted me five years.

I'm amazed at the stupid stuff I keep track of.

Speaking of stupid, my stupidity is going to cost me $135.00. I cannot find my keys to my Escape. Because the keys all come with a chip in them, they cost extra special more.

I have a mobile key guy coming but I don't know exactly when. Hopefully it will be before three. We have events to attend today.

The key guy showed up about 1:00 and got me a double set of keys in no time. I paid an extra $35.00 for an extra key and he gave me a key fob for free.

He told me that I can buy the key fobs on line for about $25.00 and then he showed me how to program it.

Of course, now that I have paid for the replacement key, I'm just waiting to find out where my old key has been hiding. I know it will reveal itself to me.

As I said, we have a very full social calendar for the rest of the weekend and we must get to it.

First a Hill Billy Hog Roast at the way out farm place of my brother-in-law Dale. The food was fabulous.
Then a retirement party on the complete other side of the city for our friend Randy, who has retired and who we now hate. Well, we at least have disdain for him. The disdain helps to hide the jealousy.

Tomorrow, we have the tenth annual edition of SpokeFest. We are planning on doing the nine mile ride. 

No comments: