Sunday, September 17, 2017

Boiler Game Data

It's not Autumn yet but it feels like it. The hot temperatures we have enjoyed for the last several weeks appear to be behind us.

I'm not yet ready to give in and fire up the boiler but it seems like we won't be setting any records in the Boiler Game this year.

Susan spent yesterday cleaning her 1989 Honda Civic in preparation for selling it. She got out the shop vac and really scrubbed the car down. She removed all the little knickknacks that one accumulates in ones car. Today she plans to work on a couple of the rust spots and do some touch up painting.

I'm just puttering around doing this and that. And some of the other stuff too. I drove over to the car wash and hosed down the floor mats for my car and for Susan's. The floor mats that go on the drivers side of both vehicles were filthy. I'm still not sure I got all the dirt out of them.

We enjoyed a late afternoon visit to the Hub to watch the W.S.U. Cougars play against the Oregon State Beavers. The Cougs crushed the Beavs.

We finished off the evening with dinner at the Cathay Inn, one of our local favorite dinner spots.

I'm not sure what is on the schedule for the rest of the day. I guess I'll just go out and see what needs to be done out there.

I'll get back to you and let you know.

Later: Well, it was threatening to rain so Susan did not do any work on her car. I didn't do any work on anything. I did make a fire. It's the first one of the season. That's how you go another day in the boiler game.
The next few days look rainy so the boiler game is definitely in jeopardy of ending.

The plans for the rest of the day are to barbecue a couple of steaks. We haven't used the barbecue at all this summer. Mostly because my faithful old Weber finally fell completely apart. It's given me a good 20 years of service so I can't complain. 

We ended up with a small Weber that Ron and Kelly gave us. It will do in a crunch but I need to get back on the full size Weber wagon.

I filled up the hot tub the other night and have the temperature properly adjusted so we may take ourselves a soak later on. 

Even Later: Hi! I'm back. I have done a little research on the Boiler Game and here are my findings.

2016 - October 6th
2015 - September 21st
2014 - Oct 15th
2013 - October 5th
2012 - October 6th
2011- October 21st

So October 21st is the date to beat. If I can make it through this week, I will beat the failure of 2015, which seems to be my earliest date to start up the furnace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I consider 2014 a greater failure than 2015 and so should you.