Monday, September 04, 2017

Mouse Emergency

Having grown up with rats as pets, I'm not too freaked out by rodents. Susan did NOT grow up with rats as pets. So when she saw the mouse last night, it was most disquieting. Not disquieting enough to wake me up. That required her coming upstairs and screaming, "MOUSE!"

By the time I got downstairs it was nowhere to be found. 

So today, we purchased some mouse traps. I'm about to set them up.

I have returned with most of my fingers. Those little bastards are hard to set up. They do not set very securely, which I suppose is what you would want in a mousetrap.

The smoke from forest fires around the region is thick today. We thought they might cancel the Labor Day Concert at Comstock Park. So far, it appears things are on track.
This is how it looks here in the neighborhood.

It got worse as the day went on. We went up to Comstock Park at 5PM for the annual Labor Day concert put on by the Spokane Symphony. We were worried it might get canceled.

Instead, the concert went on in an abbreviated form. They cut out a few songs and it lasted about an hour.

No comments: