Thursday, September 19, 2019

Fixin' for the Boiler Game

The Autumnal Equinox is just a few days away but there are signs of Fall all over the place. Things like driving into the sun on my way to work, no sun this morning because of the thick blanket of chilly fog, trying to decide if I should wear a jacket, and the wall heater in the bathroom coming on automatically.

So that got me thinking about the Boiler Game. I have been hoping that I could make it to the middle of October before firing the boiler up. That is always the goal anyway. We have plenty of space heaters that can warm specific living areas...most prominently the kitchen.

But I must ask myself if that is cheating. The point of the Boiler Game is to see how long we can go before the furnace must be turned on. But that is a whole house issue. Being able to heat areas where we happen to be...most prominently the kitchen...does not abrogate the intention of the Boiler Game. That is my professional opinion as Commissioner of the Boiler Game. I just hope that it is the proper use of "abrogate".

Let's take a moment to review past Boiler Games.

  • 2018 October 3rd
  • 2017 September 23rd
  • 2016 October 6th
  • 2015 September 21st
  • 2014 No Record
  • 2013 October 8th
  • 2012 October 5th
I found a note where I stated that the record is October 21st but I cannot find out what year that was.

Then I started reading posts from October of 2013. We were working on the Living Room and coming to the end of the project. I started looking at posts trying to find out the color of stain I used on the woodwork. It's the same color I will be wanting to use in the TV Room.

Then I remembered that I have already created a special page for such information. So that problem is solved.

No comments: