Saturday, March 14, 2020

SnowRona

Our burgeoning Spring has suffered a set back with the return of Winter. There was a Winter Weather Advisory issued yesterday. The snow started to fall about 2:00 PM and continued through the night and just let up about half an hour ago. 

I'm going to make a hearty breakfast of Cheese Eggs and then get out there with the snow blower.

Other than that, it looks like we are avoiding contact with all other human persons because of the declaration of a national emergency due to the Covid-19 CoronaVirus currently spreading the land.

11:50AM: I have completed my snow blowing duties but it looks as though I may be back out there. Right after I started blowing, it began snowing again and it continues as I write.

Here's how it looked.
Here is a nice photo of the house.
Yup! It really is that blurry out there.

I have just built a nice fire and I did it in the fire place, which seemed to make the most sense.
Here's something I have not run across in the 15 years we've lived here.
I've never had the whole front porch covered with snow. I broke out the shovel since it was going to take a whole lot of effort to lift the snow blower up there. It must have been snowing sideways from the north to do that.

So now, we are hunkering in for a snow-corona day. Snowrona!

9:15PM: Today is the day that most people and bars are celebrating St Patrick's Day. We went over to the Hub to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and St. Paddy's festivities. Susan won a pair of wine glasses by hanging around so long into the evening that they were the only door prizes left.

The evening is now winding down and we are back home to watch a movie or something before bed.

It's been a good day.

No comments: