Saturday, May 29, 2021

Memorial Weekend Day One

It is Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. It looks to be a nice day as I wake up and begin the day at 8:00 AM. That's sleeping in for me. I already have sprinklers going in the yard and there will be a reckoning with a lawn mower later in the day.

But first, breakfast! We have decided to go to the Cottage Café out in the valley. They have a new cook there that we wanted to check out. His name is Scott and he is my son.

He has been a guest of the Federal Government for the last eight years after an ugly incident involving opiates. He returned to Spokane a week ago and is living in a halfway house in the valley. I think today is his second day on the job.

So we are meeting Mark and Kelly and Ron for breakfast at 10:00. In the meantime, I'm going to read the paper and plan my day.

12:08PM: Just returned from the Cottage Café. I am full. Time to work it off with a little mowing! 

10:26PM: We had a good day. We have just come inside from our first pit fire of the season.

On top of that, I finished the mowing, collected a bunch of wood from Mark for future fire wood, trimmed some arbor vitae detritus, and Susan finished the curtain for the east window in the TV Room.

Plus, we made it to the Hub for waaaaaaaay to much beer.

Have I mentioned that I got myself a truck.

It's a 2007 Nissan Titan. I feel like a fraud driving around in it. It's soooooo manly. 

I have already made a trip to the dump with it. Today, I hauled some wood, as previously mentioned.

One of the troubling discoveries of the day is that my little old Canon camera has bit the dust. The screen no longer works properly.

It's been a really good serviceable little camera. It travels well and is easy to slip in a pocket. I shall have to look for another. My big 35 mm camera is too cumbersome to haul around easily, but a far superior taker of photographic images.

  

No comments: