Monday, May 03, 2021

Vacation - Last Day

Today is my last day of vacation and to celebrate, I stayed in bed a little bit longer than normal. I got up at 7:35 rather than 7. (For me, getting up at 7 is sleeping in)

Cat Update: We finally got her out from under the stairs by pounding on the treads. I was actually going to tear up a couple of steps but didn't have to when Delilah got in range for Susan to grab. 

That area is now completely blocked off with no chance of access. She is now a little more relaxed but she seems freaked out by the squirrels that come up on the deck.

I'm off today because Mom needs a ride to the hospital for her hip surgery, and I'm that guy. I'll be hanging around and staying a bit after to see how she fares. Providing they let me. I'm not sure what the protocols are in the hospitals right now.

I took a picture of my Covid card with my phone so I have ready access to it.

Tomorrow, it's back to the grind.

I'm going to be taking some more time off later this month because I want to be here when they get to work on the new roof.

Did I mention we're getting a new roof?

I'm leaving Delilah alone for the next few hours. She seems mellow enough. She has proven that she knows where the litter box is. She sure doesn't eat much. Of course, she may not need much food. I have observed that she is a fairly low activity sort of animal, even for a cat.

5:46PM: After they took Mom into surgery at about 3:30. I came home. I just the call from Dr. Lynch and everything went as it was supposed to. She'll be in recovery for the next 90 minutes. I'm going to go down with some flowers and see if I can see her.

And that's the end of vacation.


    

No comments: