Saturday, May 01, 2021

Vacation - Three Days To Go

I looked over my To Do list that I posted last Saturday and I'm a little over 60% on completion. I did the work on the windows in the TV Room. I have to finish the locking clasp on the front window. I cut down the Arbor Vitae in the back. I restacked the wood pile. I went canoeing. I jumped in the pool. And I got the weather station off the roof. 

I decided the roofers could remove the heat cable so I did not complete that job. I never even started on organizing the Carriage House. I may do a little work on that today. I have a drafting table in there that is disassembled and I would really like to make a space for it and get it reassembled.

It looks like today is going to be a nice day as far as the weather is concerned, so I guess I better get busy.

We keep forgetting that we have this batch of wine sitting here in the kitchen. It has almost been a year since we started this Merlot and it is ready to bottle. So maybe we will be doing it soon. 

Susan and I both tasted it and thought it was good. It felt ready to drink now. It's 12%. Since we started it on May 15th, 2020, I think we will bottle it on May 15th, 2021. That's in two weeks.

Today is the Kentucky Derby and we are watching it at the Hub, as usual. We paid $3.00 to get on a board where you are randomly given a number which corresponds to a horse. Post time is 3:57 PM PDT. We're heading over at three.

It is after 5:00 now and we have returned from the Hub where we watched some horse racing. Who won? Who cares! No one will remember. I can tell you that the horses we were assigned were not in the top ten finishers.

Susan is napping and I'm going to see if I can complete my work on the front window.

The answer is no. The mounting block I cut to place the locking clasp on is still too short. It needs to be a little more than 3/8" thick. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: