Sunday, November 07, 2021

Fall Back

 While in Prosser last month, we visited a nursery that Susan has always liked and we stop at every time we go to Prosser. We purchased some fertilizer for the Arbor Vitae, which are in serious need of help. 

I just went out and raked up all the leaves and debris under the front line of shrubs in the front yard. Then I distributed a healthy amount of the fertilizer around the base of the shrubs. Finally, I applied a generous amount of water to work the "fert" into the soil.

I also put some fertilizer down on my corner patch of grass. I'm just starting there and using it as a test site. If it responds as I hope it will in the Spring, I will put it on the whole lawn.

Susan is trying to figure out a carpet shampooer we inherited from Mom. The instruction manual we have is not for this machine. She found a manual on-line and is trying to figure it out from there.

Other than that, we are having a lazy Sunday here at the estate. It seems lazy because we gained an hour with the change back to standard time last night. Now the sun will be setting around 4 which I don't really care for.

I wish they would just make a decision and settle on one time setting or the other.

No comments: