Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Perfect Weekend

Susan and I have just completed what we believe to one of the most Perfect Weekends we've ever had together or apart.

To begin with, yesterday was Susan's birthday and we always try to do something different when our birthdays come around. So on Friday, we loaded up her little Honda (38mpg) and headed for Seattle for the weekend. Below is an assortment of pictures.

These pictures are of the Moore Hotel and some of their amenities.

It's really too bad that this picture is out of focus. I have to learn to use my tri-pod when I'm shooting pictures on Manual and at night. Nonetheless, I really liked the way this picture looks.















Here is the obligatory picture of Pike Street Market and a picture of "The Crow", where we ate Susan's Birthday Dinner. It was very nice and reminded me a lot of the Downriver Grill here in Spokane.

While in Seattle, we seemed to have a very full agenda of doing nothing in particular and everything in general. We covered the Public Market from stem to stern. We had a nice dinner at a cafe that overlooks the market. We found a couple of seedy bars with cheap drinks.

On Saturday, we made our way down to Pioneer Square. We found this bar where we had the Traditional Susan Birthday Meal of Cheeseburger and Fries. Ideally, we would have had Potato Chips and her special birthday cake. But we had to deal with what we had available to us.

After lunch, Susan gravitated to an Antique store. We are trying to find a lighted statue suitable for placement on the main post of our stairway. After a quick perusal that yielded no such statue, I wandered out onto the plaza and saw this store that deals exclusively in kilts. Utilikilts! http://www.utilikilts.com/

I like the idea. I want a kilt! However, I have a hard time spending $50.00 for a pair a pants. I cannot see me spending $150.00 to $200.00 for something that I'm really gunna get laughed at.

Then again, it takes a guy completely comfortable with his sexuality to wear a kilt. and that guy is me!

We took a brief afternoon nap because we are old and that's what old people do after they have walked a lot.

Next we looked at a far off future dream of mine. A Sailboat.

I foresee a time in the future (2027) when we will NOT be working on the house. It's a time when we will be so sick of thehouse that we will want to get out of town and commune with our abundance of nature as far away from thehouse as possible. Whether we camp at a campground or a lake, it would be great to do it in a sailboat. One you can sleep on. One with its own self contained facilities. One that is not the house. One with a cup holder.

I have been looking at this one particular boat manufactured by the MacGregor Corporation. http://www.macgregor26.com/ The way gas prices are going, a sailboat makes sense. This boat in particular is perfect for the lakes we have around this area. Plus, it has the ability to power up an engine up to 70 h.p. and motor to your destination at a pretty decent speed when you have the inclination.

Anyway, we went over to Lake Union to check one out. More of an introduction of the boat to Susan, who likes the idea but not the price tag.

We spent Birthday night at a bar an hour away from Seattle. My friend Joe, who lives in Tacoma, has a band that was playing in Graham, WA. We listened to Chicken Joe and the Fabulous Cocks as they weaved their magic spells of classic and popular rock music with which to dance upon. http://www.chickenjoeandthefabulouscocks.com/ We had brief opportunities to visit with Joe between sets. I see him a couple times a year so it's not like we were way out of touch with each other.

After a a rousing weekend, we got ourselves re-loaded into the little Honda and returned to Spokane. It was cloudy, cold and trying to rain when we left Seattle but the sky was clearing and became sunny once we crossed the mountains.

We arrived home around 4:00 and immediately began preparing to go downtown for the Annual Fireworks Concert. We have a friend who plays in the orchestra and we always go down early, enjoy a light picnic snack-fest and a little wine.

But before going, I presented Susan with her main birthday gift. Take a look and see if I don't qualify for Most Romantic Gift Giving Guy of the Year...

...or a divorce!

The concert was a great time and the perfect end to a fabulous weekend. Here are s'mo pix.I do not believe that I have ever written such a long and rambling entry. I apologize. But then again, I write this for me...not you. Apology retracted!

1 comment:

Muzzy Mansion said...

I wondered what those explosions were last night. And I can't believe you gave your wife a vacuum cleaner for her birthday! Geeeeessh! :)

-Mike