Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Varnish Day

Susan went to work on the varnishing while I ran wire for a new outlet out on the deck. We decided that as long as the eve is opened up, it's a good opportunity to augment the electrical access out there.

Once I got in there, I realized it was a good thing. I did some sloppy wiring on the last can light. I had cut through the wire when I trimmed it and it was making a connection only because a piece of the insulation was there to keep it in place.

I have since gone back and checked all the can lights. I did not come across any problems but I'm glad I checked. I do not like that outdoor wire. It is very difficult to cut away the insulation, which I'm sure was what caused the problem on the light I described.

I have run my wire out to the end of the arbors on the deck. I'm putting one outlet out there for now and will be able to add more if I so desire. More than likely, I will so desire cuz I loves my lec'trys-tee.

No comments: