Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Year of the Yard?

Shortly after we moved in four years ago, Susan and I (mostly Susan) worked out an ambitious, if not unrealistic remodeling schedule. If we were on schedule today, I believe we would be lounging on the shores of Paraguay. We would have drinks with little umbrellas and our tans would be perfect. (That's in the schedule!)

The short version of what I'm trying to say is we are not on schedule and 2008 is NOT the Year of the Yard. Our yard just sucks! I can't put it any plainer than that. At one time, this house had a sprinkler system. Today, that sprinkler system is the main support structure of the largest Mouse Subway in the World. It don't work!

I pour a ton of water on the grass but it looks horrible. Fortunately, I live next door to Ted & Rhonda, who have a working sprinkler system. Their yard looks great. Especially when compared to Death Valley next door.

Since we are on the park, we have lots of people walking, running and biking by. I don't like to think that we have one of the crappier yards on the park, but that is the reality. I can console myself somewhat by the knowledge that we will not always be in this condition. AND, we do not have the worst yard on the park.

No comments: