Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hardwood Rolls On

The picture above shows our progress on the floor to date. We have cleared the linoleum from the front door all the way back to the kitchen. Except for the holes I have already talked about here, the floor is in good condition.

We pulled up the floor in little bit into the kitchen because we were curious to see what we had there. It appears that the hardwood stops at the kitchen. The best that I can tell right now is that there is a very old linoleum floor over a soft wood flooring. It looks pretty similar to the flooring that is upstairs.

Our plan for the kitchen is tile but we wanted to make sure there wasn't any hardwood there.

The next step will be to remove the rest of the linoleum that leads to the bathroom and then to the TV room. I can tell you it is going to be tough. The two of us spent about three and half hours on the section we removed today. After measuring the area, we cleared 35 square feet. It doesn't seem like much for all the pain and soreness we are currently experiencing. I am so beat right now I feel like I'm ready for bed. And it's only 5:45PM.

No comments: