Thursday, January 08, 2009

Pineapple Expression

The picture above was taken on New Years Day at about 12:30 in the noon time. You can clearly see that my snow gauge indicates the snow is just below 24 inches. A day or two after this picture was taken, we received more snow which put the total up above 30 inches.

The picture shown below shows the snow level as of this morning at about 7AM. That is seven days and twelve inches of snow since the previous picture. What a Winter!
I can tell you that the level of the snow has dropped another two inches since this picture was taken this morning. We are about 14 inches away from having the most snowfall ever in a single season in the history of weather and if it happens, 90 percent of the snow will have fallen and melted within a three week period. I guess Al Gore knew what he was bullshitting about.
One slight mistake you may have noticed is that the twelve sticker on my homemade snow gauge has been placed one notch too high. I shall attempt to remedy that sometime in April.
Finally, I am happy to report that with the win of Florida over Oklahoma in tonight's BCS National College Football Championship game, it believe I have won second place in my pool and tied for closest total points. That should provide me with enough money to fix my homemade snow gauge and perhaps buy a donut or three.

No comments: