Saturday, October 03, 2009

Ancillary Day

Let me start by saying that everything has been approved with the gas line and I think I have the gas back on. I'm not sure because I was unsuccessful in a half-hearted attempt to light the pilot light and I'm thinking it's not a good idea to do that until I refill the system with water. However, all the locks, blocks and impediments have been removed from the meter so once I figure out all the correct valve conigurations, I should have gas. If not, I'll call Jerry.

I had planned on getting started on sanding the floors on the main floor today. So far, I haven't accomplished anything toward that goal. Instead, I've done lots of ancillary other stuff. I worked at the bar for a couple of hours. I returned some stuff to Home Depot only to buy more stuff. I purchased 120 full size candy bars in anticipation of an upcoming candy related holiday. I picked up a bunch of cardboard that Susan wanted from her job to create coffins for the aforementioned holiday.

I made it home about noon and tried to get started with my flooring goals. I was thwarted almost immediately by Susan who stopped at the Salvation Army Thrift Store on 50% off day. That never leads to any good. We have a new (to us) Entertainment Center sitting in the garage.

So now it's 3:00 and I'm going to try and get started with some floor work. We shall see how it goes.

No comments: