Sunday, October 11, 2009

Frosty the Fall Season

According the the AccuStan Weather Station perched high atop our roof, the temperature was 14.5 degrees at 6:30 this morning. It's a good thing I ended the Furnace Game when I did.

The nice thing about the freeze is that it knocked a shit load of leaves off the trees out front. They were nice and dry and crisp and my YardVac had no trouble sucking them up. That thing works great when the leaves are dry. There are still several shit loads up there as well as many chestnuts waiting to bonk me on the head. They tried several times today but their aim is off. I'm thinking they are just getting their bearing and biding their time. We hauled out the Halloween decorations today and spent a good portion of the day and evening putting them up. I have to stop writing now and continue up putting the remaining decorations, lights, ghost, ghouls, goblins and assorted things that go bump in the night.

Later: We worked most of the day and into the evening and we still have a long way to go. There's lots of stuff to get out of the Carrage House yet. All that time I spent doing yard work cut into my efficiency, assuming I ever had any.

No comments: