Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Tile Floor Update

I have finally procured a decent looking photo of the mosaic tile we have ordered for the entry way. This one didn't go all negative photo art on me and he detail is pretty good. I got a call from the company we ordered it from and the lady told me (in a very thick accent) that she was ready to ship. I don't know how long it will take to get here but it is now on the move...I think from Lebanon. I suppose I can cont on at least a couple of weeks. I e-mailed her with that question and have not yet received a response.

Sanding went very well on Sunday once we got to it. I am very pleased with my skill level with the belt sander. I have managed to eliminate all the high spots in the hallway hardwood I repaired and I think it will be okay.
Susan worked on the stairs and made some good progress. The stairs have so many nooks and cranny's that you could sand for weeks on end and never seem to each the end. She got to many of the nooks and glossed over the cranny's.It is a very busy month for us and I cannot see how we are going to fit in everything we need to do. We have already scaled back our Wedding Anniversary Weekend. We normally go to some fairly local Bed and Breakfast (within a few hours travel) and make a weekend of it. But we're still stinging from our Iowa trip so things must be toned down.
Halloween is coming up, the tile is coming, we're ready to sand the floors...

Calgon, take me away!

In heating news, we still haven't fired up the furnace.

2 comments:

Muzzy Boyz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My Life as a House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.