Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tile Arrival

Even though it was Columbus Day yesterday, a day in which the U.S. Postal Service does not deliver, I was very excited to arrive home and find a large rolled bundle of tile joy on the front porch.
I dragged it inside and hid it from Susan because we were going to dinner at Mom's and I wanted to surprise her when we returned.

So we returned and hauled it out. Excited, she was! I carefully cut through the packaging. This mosaic is 50" x 36" so I assumed it would come in pieces that we assemble. I quickly realized that it was all one piece. With great anticipation and a slight fear that it would not be what we ordered, I unrolled the tile to expose its wondrous beauty.
Now I need to get in contact with my Tile Expert, Ron T. Tilexpert. (The "T" stands for "The") I'm hoping we can do an install this coming Sunday. For that to happen, we need to spend a lot of money. We still have to buy the tile that surrounds it. Plus, we need grout, thin set, trowels, ceramic sealer, gopher wedges, smack daddy's, creamo-wheatsters, flange evapuscules, and beer.

No comments: