Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hot Tubbery

I haven't talked much about our new hot tub. And when I say new, I mean new to us. It's a 15 year old hot tub that our neighbors gave us. I guess I'll try to bring this up to date.

We moved the tub from our neighbors yard to our yard back in August. I coaxed about 8 people over here on a Sunday and with the help of a Hot Tub Dolly that I rented, we really had no problem making the move and setting it into place. It all went very smoothly and with a minimum of effort.

Then Jerry came over and helped me lay the electrical line for the tub. Essentially, Jerry did everything else once it was in place to get it up and running.

So it has been working for about a month now and we have hardly used it. Of course, we are just now getting into the more intense Hot Tub Use Season.I was in it tonight because I wanted to soak and because I had some maintenance issues to deal with. The unit has two "Moto Massage" features that have a hose that shoots a jet of water at your back while moving up and down. It's pretty nice. You can see the one "Moto Massage" unit in the left corner of the tub in the picture above. The other "Moto Massage unit is in the adjacent corner of the tub shown in the picture at the bottom middle. That one does not work. The hose has come uncoupled from its connection.

So I donned my Diving Mask and Snorkel and probed the depths of the Hot Tub. I managed to get into the unit and remove the hose but I cannot get it re-attached. It looks like I have to remove the fitting that it attaches to and before I do that, I'm going to get some guidance. Guidance keeps me from doing stupid, expensive things. I am thinking I'll have to drain the tub to properly re-install this dealie but I just don't know yet.

I ended up being in the tub for about 45 minutes. I'll probably still be wrinkled tomorrow.

No comments: