Friday, January 29, 2010

Eight Hours for ME

Whether the vacation day I am taking today is well deserved or not, it is one of the few perks my job affords me and therefore, I am taking advantage of it.

There is not a lot on my plate today but neither is it a clean plate. I have some things to accomplish but I'm going to enjoy my day as well. I thought I would make use of this journaling opportunity to log my activities...further accentuating the fact that today is
ALL ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Obviously, I am up at my normal time of oh-dawn 30. I must collect the cats and trundle them off to the Vet for a 7:30 appointment. This is gonna be fun!

8:56AM: I have returned from the Vet. I managed to round up three out of four cats. Oscar must have sensed something was up because he would not come in the house after his morning routine of sniffing the yard. fortunately, Susan was able to get him in and dropped him off before I left the Vet. The Vet's office is near her work.

Now I'm going to take a walk to a local breakfast spot and scarf down some food.

12:48PM: Wow! The day is flying by and I'm not getting near enough done. Gotta go now!

6:47PM: Well, I have pretty much pissed the day away but I am not concerned. That is because of a lack of critical thinking on my part. And also because I had a pretty productive day despite my plans. The main thing I accomplished was getting the cats to the Vet. Anything beyond that is gravy. To celebrate my gravy, I am going to enjoy a dip in the hot tub.

8:19PM: The hot tub was fabulous and I am considering going back for a second round later in the evening.

I am disappointed in my accomplishment s of the day but I will let it go because of my low standards. Here is my list of what I did today.

Took Cats to Vet
Took a Walk (Ate Breakfast)
Did some Stuff...including laundering bed sheets
Bought some Stuff
Met Susan for Lunch
Ran a couple of errands and ended up at Fast Eddie's
Came Home and got in Hot Tub
Made Bed
Sat at Computer and wrote this list justifying my existence
Drank some mo
Went to Bed

That last one is conjecture on my part but I'm pretty sure it will happen...sooner than later!

No comments: