Sunday, January 31, 2010

That's One Small Step for Remodeling...

We didn't get to working on the house today until well after noon. Susan plastered some more in the entryway and then began stripping. I asked her if she would like a stripper pole right there in the entryway. She then explained it was another type of stripping. It involved chemicals. "Just like real strippers!" I said. And it involves scraping. "Some of those older strippers..." I began before it all became clear to me.


I was out in the Carriage House playing...I mean working with my router. I'm trying to re-create some trim for the posts in the stairway. It looks to me like I need to make three different passes with three different router bits to make this trim.


I need to investigate a new bit tomorrow. There is a business in the valley called "Woodcrafters" that I am going to visit and seek council with tomorrow. Hopefully they can offer me some guidance one what I need to do.


So there was not a lot accomplished today, but there was some forward momentum.

No comments: