Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Goal Setting Continued

As promised in our goals thingy, Susan and I reluctantly hauled ourselves to the basement and did a bit of organizing last night.

The first thing we realized it that we have a mess on our hands. We have a lot of crap. We need to divest ourselves of this crap. We are building a Yard Sale Inventory.

To those friends of ours who may have inadvertently added to the inventory with an occasional gift or trinket or piece of crap, we apologize. Only we know who you are!

Susan had to work a Hockey game tonight but I maintained the goal for another night by sorting some tools. Again, a very difficult task to accomplish because I was not sure where to start. I have a shit load of tools. lots of them are duplicates. I have a bunch of screw drivers, Standard and Phillip's, and a bunch of pliers, channel locks, crescent wrenches and assorted other grabbing or bolt tightening devices.

I began trying to isolate everything by category. I have a paint box for all things related to painting. I have a sanding box for all the assorted sand paper. I have a scraping, putty knife, trowel box for scrapers, putty knives...well, you get the idea.

I have made some headway but still have a couple of nights work in front of me. I should have taken before and after pictures but it's pretty embarrassing when I think about how bad it has gotten. Susan the Clean and Order Freak took on a LOT of responsibility when she said "I do" with me!

No comments: