Monday, March 22, 2010

Searching for...whatever!

Susan had a good day of plastering in the entryway and I think she has everything plastered that she wants plastered except for her husband. Fortunately, her husband is more than capable of getting himself plastered.

My project (other than getting plastered) was to get the area surrounding the light switches into a usable condition. I've been trying to fill the holes with foam and all sorts of other unconventional methods. It finally occurred to me to just bust away the plaster and fill the space with a piece of drywall. It occurred to me right after I heard Susan suggest it. My space kept expanding as I broke away the old plaster. I finally figured out that I could control the breakage better if I scored the wall with my matte knife. Then I was able to create a space that was mostly squarish. I got my drywall into place and left the rest for the Spackle Queen.
I think she did a great job. She has to fill in a bit more and then there is a lot of sanding that needs to happen. This wall is going to be wall papered by the Wall Paper Queen so it doesn't have to be perfect. (The Wall Paper Queen told me that!)
Since the Vernal Equinox happened on Saturday, it seemed a good time to change the water in the Hot Tub. I got the hose out and it took a good portion of the day to get it drained. I gave it a good cleaning and then refilled it when I got home after work today. It is warming now but won't be up to temperature until tomorrow.
Not long after we got the tub operating, I purchased this little hand held vacuum pump that helps to remove dirt and chunks of debris from the tub. I used it one night and it was okay...not great but okay. One problem with it is you have to be in the tub to use it. You gotta get right up on the debris to suction it out. But it does an okay job and I am more or less happy with it.
I haven't used it in a while and that is because, like my drill bits, it is missing. I put it somewhere and have no idea where that somewhere is. While the tub was filling, I commenced to searching for the missing vacuum pump. I checked in all the likely places that I might have left it. One of the places my search led me was the Carriage House. This was actually the most likely place I would have left it.
During my search, I found my drill bits. I'm never going to find this pump until I start searching for something totally unrelated. I can't wait to discover where I put it.

No comments: