Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tools...and where I put them?

One of the best presents Susan gave me for my recent birthday was a Rotisserie for the barbecue. This is something that I have wanted but never really pursued because it didn't even occur to me that I could get one for my old Weber Bar-B. Well, Susan is accustomed to thinking and when she does it is often outside the Bar-B.

We decided that the first day of Spring was the ideal time to try it out. I have a very difficult time with new barbecuing techniques. I didn't know if I should use direct heat or indirect heat and put the cover in place.

When I saw the initial flames licking at my bird, I decided on indirect and covered.Wrong! I know it doesn't look very appetising, but when we peeled the charred skin away, the meat was quite nice and tasty.

Clearly, this will require much more experimentation.

I had to work today at my regular job because we are swamped in these dire economic times and I am waaaaaaay behind. Susan stayed home and enjoyed her day with a two mile run and some cooking shows on PBS, followed by some wall plastering.

I am now trying to do some productive work on the light we plan to put on the Newel Post but I am stymied by my lack of organization. For the Eleventy-Millionth time, I am spending all my work time looking for whatever rat hole I stowed my tools in last time I used them. In this case, Drill bits. Don't know where they are...don't even have a clue.

1 comment:

Muzzy Boyz said...

Silly! When you can't readily find the tools you need, just go buy new ones! (...hmm...maybe that's why we have 50 of everything.)