Sunday, March 28, 2010

Potpourri of Pertenant Pictures

I got home from working at the bar last night and had been thinking about something interesting to eat for dinner. I really wanted to use the new rotisserie again but since it was just me, I was limited in what I could cook.

I ended up going to my favorite local butcher shop, Sonnenberg's, and purchased a stuffed Pork Chop. I tied it up with string to keep all the stuffing in place commenced to roasting the sucker.

I am again caught in a quandary of whether to use indirect heat with the cover on or direct heat with the cover off. I ended up going with the latter and it seemed to work well. My pork chop was tasty and not too over cooked. This will definitely be a continuing experiment in progress. I am anxious to try a prime rib but not so anxious as to jump into scorching a $30.00 chunk of meat.
I also stopped by the local hot tub shop and purchased a new set of filters for the hot tub. I knew they were overdue for replacement but I had no idea how much of a difference it would make in the operation of the tub. It was noticeable and substantial. Of course, a substantial change would be noticeable so please forget the previous idiotic statement.
We invited some friends to join us at church today and then join us for a nice Palm Sunday brunch. It was quite tasty and I think our friends enjoyed the service and food.
We returned home and immediately proceeded into our respective doodies of the day. I was going to do some various ends and odds around the house and Susan was going to sand walls in the entry way.
Here she is all gloved up, masked up and shower capped up as she diligently scours the walls in search of smoothness.
One of my outdoor doodies was to try to eliminate more mos from the roof. Below is a before picture.
I got up there on the ladder and started raking the moss off the roof. It came off pretty easily but it took with it a lot of small shingle sand. that's the only name I have for it. It's the little granules of stuff on the shingles that help protect the roof from all the enemies it faces.
I think I did a pretty good job of attacking the problem. I need to get up there with more bleach water to continue the attack. It's raining right now so hopefully, some of the bleach water I sprayed up there the other day will trickle down and start to influence more moss in a negative way.
Now we have to clean up all the sanding debris that went everywhere in the house. It is as if Mount St. Helens blew again and inundated every part of the house.



No comments: