Monday, March 08, 2010

Success on the Drill

Susan and I took a well deserved mini vacation. We drove to Wallace, Idaho, caroused around town, spent the night and went skiing on Sunday at Lookout Pass. It was a gorgeous day and we had a great time.The occasion was my 53rd birthday. Thank God I have a birthday in March otherwise we would never ski.

We skied until they threw us off the hill. We then drove home and enjoyed the hot tub. That was very therapeutic and I think it kept me from feeling horrible today.

We took today off as well to get some work done on the house. Susan did some sanding in the entryway and I spent a good portion of the morning with my friend Jerry trying to figure out the front porch light situation. It didn't take long to fix and thankfully, my fears about having to tear up a wall or floor or both were unfounded. There was a bad connection in one of the junction boxes up in the attic. Jerry found it pretty quick and the lights are working again.

I then enlisted him to help me drill the hole through the Newel post on the stairs. This took much longer. We hit a couple of nails on our way down and had to stop several times and change bits and sharpen bits. I also had to duct tape a small hose to the shop vac to suck out the saw dust that was building up.

We finally prevailed and I now have a wire run through the post. Now we need to get our light rebuilt to how we want it and then get it in place.

1 comment:

Muzzy Boyz said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see the fixture!