Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Capt. Dumbass

I was out in the front yard last evening tending to some minor branch clean up and watering the lawn. I nice shiny new Mustang was rolling toward me and as it got closer, it looked like the driver was slowing down to ask me for directions.


He was a guy about my age and he said that he planted all our Arbor Vitaes about 30 years ago. He said his friend lived in the house and hi father was Jim Banks. We talked for a few minutes and it was evident he had some knowledge of the house. He had since lost track of his friend and he now lived in Tacoma.


As he drove off, it suddenly occurred to me that I should have gotten more info from this guy and probably should have invited him in to see what he remembered about the house.


DUMBASS!

I have already been chastised by Susan and I am beating myself up pretty good as well.

2 comments:

Muzzy Boyz said...

Oh Stan. We're so disappointed in you. :(

Anonymous said...

Thank God no one was hurt!
-Mike